Music Teacher, Jackson Public Schools
Nina Cole Garguilo
Instructor of Voice, Phoenix College, Glendale Community College, Private Instruction
Vocal coach, Broadway pianist/conductor, and financial advisor
Assistant director, UM Pride of the South Band
Director of Bands, Lake Cormorant High School
Hannah Gadd Ardrey
Choral Director, Lafayette Middle School & Lafayette High School
Associate, Dentons Davis Brown law firm
A liberal arts education empowers and prepares students to deal with complexity and change through a broad knowledge of the world. They gain key skills in communication, problem-solving, and working with a diverse group of people.
Our Music alumni are working in many different sectors of the economy, with the largest six groups shown in this infographic. The largest percentages are working in k-12 education, the arts and media, higher education, and business and finance firms.
Careers related to music include music teacher, performer, accompanist, arranger, arts administrator, church musician, composer, conductor, instrument technician, music publisher, music contractor, music retail store manager, and recording technician.
Our graduates are …
- Owner, Burnham Enterprises
- Director of Bands, Southaven
- Choral Director, Ocean Springs
- Dir. of Bands, Itawamba Comm. College
- Music Faculty, Arizona State University
- Music Faculty, Berklee College of Music
- National Trainer, Time to Teach
- Musical Dir./Conductor, Natl Tour of “Cats”
- Professional Singer, Salzburg Opera Co.
- US Air Force Band
- Musical Director, Second City
- Project Coord., Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- Music Engraving Manager, Warner Bros.
- Music Dir., Cordova Presbyterian Church
- Piano Accompanist, New Orleans Rec Dept./Ballet Association Center for Dance
- President, MS Band Master’s Assoc